LiPeony Shop

Friday, October 15, 2010

Outer Space and Earth Adventures

Everyone was wondering what the "3,2,1 Blast Off" teaser by the Etsy Twitter was talking about. Apparently in celebration of the space program NASA and Etsy have teamed up for a CRAFT CONTEST! Basically creating an original work dedicated/inspired by space, stars, astronauts, spaceships and all that outer space goodness! The above little print is what I've sent in. This print was first drawn about a year ago but never got around to finishing it. While working on it yesterday I realized that I had to rework it from scratch as my technique evolved. You know what? I think it came out looking great =D .

The grand prize is a trip to see a real life space shuttle launch! Now that is super cool! Also your art is aboard the space shuttle too... I think. Double cool! I encourage everyone to participate as it's fun and really... I'm sure everyone has dreamed about being an astronaut at least once.. On earthly adventures. Tomorrow is going to be my first and probably last craft fair for this year at Crafts In Chelsea unless I muster something for December. November is going to be full of helping my friend prepare for her wedding! Its on 21st street between 8th and 9th avenue. Though I heard the weather is going to be mighty windy... le sigh. Good thing I've managed to buy 5 x 7 binder sleeves for my prints. I'm planning to put them into two binders so people can flip though them like a book as opposed to just laying them flat in piles which I've always done. I'm also in the process of making a banner out of felt and embroidery thread. I'll take some pictures of it when it is done. I'll be selling mostly 5 x 7 prints, frames, rest of my felt pins and cards. Hope me luck tomorrow!

Until next time... to outer space and BEYOND!

2 comments:

Pili said...

That print is so totally awesome! I'd love to be in outer space on a space adventure! *sigh* I watch/read too much science fiction, I think!

And I hope you'll have a great time & loads of sales at the craft fair!

Rosebud Collection said...

The print is wonderful..
You do such great work..they are all very happy drawings..brings a smile to the face..
xoxRosebud