LiPeony Shop

Monday, February 21, 2011

Little Love Cards


I must confess I am not one of the neatest person in the world so when I was searching for something else I found these tiny kraft envelopes I brought from Muji almost a year ago. I decided to make some mini cards using another long lost craft I use to do which was rubber stamping carving. I used an old cupcake and heart stamp and carved a new cloud one. I used some sparkle modpodge on the cupcake hearts and I Heart U though the camera didn't pick up the sparkles too well. I used Memento Dew Drop stamping pads which are fantastic because you can cover both large areas and also tiny details of a stamp. As usual I washed my rubber stamps with StazOn All Purpose Cleaner. It feels so great to be crafty and using materials that I've brought long ago. I'll be seeing how well they fare in the Brooklyn Flea on Saturday March 26 when I'll be vending at.
On another sadder note... Borders has filed for bankruptcy and the store near me is closing out slashing their prices. I hope someone buys them because I still love flipping though actual paper books rather then those e-readers and what not. I did pick up this lovely puzzle above. Impossible puzzle! Ha! I laugh at your face! Once I buy a puzzle frame to put it in I'll get started. My sister and I love building puzzles and we have a 1000 piece of "Disney though the Years" hanging in the living room. I picked this puzzle because of the picture of all the butterflies and it looks so random and packed but you can make out each individual butterfly.

Until next time... build something fantastic and challenging!

1 comment:

Pili said...

So lovely!

I feel sad about book stores closing, I'm aware that e-readers & e-books are better for the environment, but I do love the old charm of a good book!