LiPeony Shop

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Photography of Art

A Mushroom Nap Print @ LiPeony
Doing combination of digital and sketching artwork I don't usually take photos of my art but after several critiques they suggested I have photos of my art. This shows the actual print and I added my hand to use as a size measurement of the prints. Since today was cloudy it made for very nice diffused natural light.
Sea of Tea Print @ LiPeony
It took me hours of taking picture and editing over 300 pictures and there are still many I'm dissatisfied. I've been re-hauling my shop and putting in some limited edition 5 x 5 semi gloss prints. Sort of small Spring cleaning =D. It is one of those times to take a look at your shop and see how to brush it up.

Here are some tips to help on Spring Cleaning Your Shop:
Etsy Success For Beginners
Great Collection of "MakeOver Series"
There are a lot of sources online and in books but I think the best is to look at your shop from a different angle. Like stepping into another person's shoes gives you a insightful perspective.

Until next time... open the windows and let in the fresh breeze! =D

2 comments:

Pili said...

That's a lovely idea! I'm gonna take a look at your shop now and see how those prints look in the new photos!

Rosebud Collection said...

Your prints are adorable..We have to get our shop up and running again. Since my daughter had the baby, we have been lazy..Well, I have..not her.