LiPeony Shop

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Otakon Cosplay

Otakon this year was the best. This would be the 3rd or 4th time I went. Between me and my bf we took tons of pictures of the cosplays and some are on my Flickr account. Here are some highlights of cosplays I thought that were cool. The above picture is looking over the fountain in the Baltimore Convention Center. This year it was so huge it took up the entire center and also part of the Hilton Hotel. The weather was beautiful and fortunate enough the weekend was between heat waves so it was very nice. The lines this year went by pretty fast with the new barcode system. I must have waited less then half an hour to get my badge. Unfortunately this year the badges they had to offer wasn't so diverse so I opted for a crab playing some drums.
The above I think is from Megaman. I love Megaman series and how they just name the characters. Like the guy that has the snake on his head is appropriately named "Snakeman" but as for the Lightbulbman I can't confirm his name. The reason I love this cosplay besides the throwback to classic games the light bulb on top of the head actually lights up! Now that's awesome. The battery pack was in the schoolbag hanging in front of him.
Another awesome throwback is these Street Fighter group of M. Bison, Ryu and Juri. I think they did an awesome job. There was also a martial arts skit done of Street Fighter and it's always great to see one. The ones above are a cosplay of this fictional boy band made of top Japanese Comedians that parodies today's boy bands. They did have a very infectious hit called "Yatta" which is an encouragement song that despite the economic uncertainty you're still breathing and there's always tomorrow. They were on Jimmy Kimmel Live and hilariously weird.

There were way too many cosplays to mention as so many of them took a lot of time and effort. This year was no disappointment but there were tons of cosplays I didn't see when I browse other people's photos. This year close to 30,000 people attended. I'm waiting to get the pictures of my own cosplay out of my bf's DSRL camera so I can post them and also of all the swag I bagged =D!

Until next time... "Yatta!" (we did it!)


2 comments:

Pili said...

I can't wait to see the pics of your own cosplay!
And I'm really glad to hear you had a great time and the weather was nice!

LaAlicia said...

that looks super fun! :) Glad the weather held out for yoU!