LiPeony Shop

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big World, Big Shoe

Yep it's a Big World and a Big Shoe. The weirdest ideas come to you when you least expect it. My new print above just popped into my head when I was at work. Working in a college campus you see students and teachers bustling around tying to meet deadlines and intent on their work and it occurred to me do they feel like they have big shoes to fill and they sometimes feel not big enough to fill it? I know that feeling ran though me ever so often on this street called life. Makes one think.
Oh and the shoe is my sister's converse pictured above teehee. She got a hoot out of it when she saw her shoe on my art. She is one of my biggest fan and also critic. She won't hesitant to say something sucks but she always has good reasoning on why she thinks that way so it's constructive criticism.

Until next time... don't fill another one's shoes, instead make your own footprints...

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so cute! And not only is that a beautiful print, but I love the way you feathered the pink background! That adds a nice effect.

Shakti said...

Too cute! I love Converse.

Kathy said...

That is so cute. I love it!

Uneekdolldesigns said...

So true! we all do have shoes to fill, and not everyone should be a patent leather high heel with a diamond buckle! :)

I think I am more like a pair of used fuzzy slippers....

Jennifer Juniper said...

good advice! :) My word verification is "kiticab" doesn't that sound cute?

MyPaperEden said...

Hey cool work! Its really very cute :) I like the face she wears haha

sMacThoughts said...

Adorable print! Ya gotta love Converse. :)