LiPeony Shop

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hi Ho Canada!

So this summer my significant other hounded me to go to Canada with him and his parents as this would be the only vacation I would have this year =( . We drove straight from South Jersey to Niagara Falls which was about 8 hour drive and boy was my butt as flat as a pancake during the trip. We arrived at about 5pm and went to exchange some currency. I must say compared to the rather drab US money the Canadian currency was so colorful and fun. Our hotel was about a couple blocks away from the waterfalls and even though I've been to Niagara Falls before, it still takes my breath away. You can hear the roar of the gushing water and the amount of force the water falls over the cliffs makes this huge geyser like plume. The above picture taken by me is the Horseshoe Falls. See that tiny boat? That's the boat: The Maid of the Mist and for about $15 bucks brings you up close and personal to all the roaring action.
The waterfalls was sooo loud when we approached them and it sprayed constant mist of water at us and the wind sent many people's plastic raincoats flying upwards. We must have stayed at the foot of the falls for 10 - 15 minutes taking in this wonder of nature. It is unbelievable to think thousands of gallons of water is constantly streaming over these cliffs and oh the rainbows that float far above us in the mist is always there. Next up we went to Toronto a good hour or two ride from Niagara and we went up the CN Tower which is the tallest tower in the world until the tower in Burj Dubai is finished. The view was AMAZING, you could literally see the whole city and even though I'm rather afraid of heights this was one of those gloriously clear blue summer days you just had to peer out. There was also a part of the floor taht's made out of glass so you can look straight some hundred meters down. Not for someone whose afraid of heights but heck I went all the way here and who knows when I'll be back. It took some nerves but I was sitting on top of the glass floor and took pictures of the dizzying height we were at. Can't say my bf was so brave >_
The days were there the weather was wonderful and Canada was definitely fun... I'd love to come back for more then just 3 days and 2 nights. Travel further into the county. =D !

Until next time... au revoir!

6 comments:

Pili said...

Wow! I'd really love to go to the Niagara Falls, they look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

And I'm glad to hear than even if short, you got yourself a lil bit of a vacation!

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

Yay! Glad you got a taste of Canada... just so you know... Toronto has loooots of good good food! It is a yummy city!

LeelaBijou said...

OMG, I loved everything! Amazing visit you had there :) Glad you enjoyed it!

by Connie said...

What a great getaway! Wishing you another lil holiday before the end of the year, you must!

Morrgan said...

Sounds like quite an experience! :)

Spatula said...

I love Niagara Falls, it's such a weird little twilight zone town, but in an awesome way.

I went up the CN tower once, and one of the guides told me that the entire floor is glass, but they covered up most of it because it made people too scared to leave the elevator! I tried to step on it, but I was terrified and only edged in on it in a kind of crab walk. Meanwhile, a kid 2 feet away from me was jumping up and down on it and looked completely high with glee.