LiPeony Shop

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wrap Up Fair =D

This Saturday was a great day at the Brooklyn Flea! Thanks to my awesome space mate Felicity from WishByFelicity for lending me a table and putting up with my chatter =D. Check her out for some awesome jewelry... saw her wire wrapping and it's gorgeous. Speaking of unique jewelry my other space mate the talented daughter and father combo of LuisFernando was selling their beautiful jewelry too! We're all part of the fantastic NewNewTeam. Wouldn't be possible without them =)

I had changed my display and I took a gamble on buying and selling framed works. You know what, it paid off! By having them displayed in frames less people assumed they were cards and were more then willing to buy them framed as opposed to just loose which was what I was doing before. I also had people browse though my cards and my octopus design was the most popular one =D. I also sold a good amount of pins and I must thank an anonymous person (you know who you are) who read my blog and said they'll be over to catch the little black cat pins below.

Though being me I was a bit skeptical but I made some anyways and yes she showed up and brought out my little black cat pins and some card and a print! I was completely floored and so flattered. It seriously made my day and I was just so so so happy! I thank you so much ^-^!
The space was beautiful... seriously a piece of art. The inside had mosaics and paintings of constellations. Even the windows had silhouettes of whimsical characters. This place use to be a bank the handmade vendors were in the hallway where the bank tellers would be. There is even the vault downstairs that was turned into a food court. There also a small mezzanine with vendors. It was great!
There were tons and tons of sellers from food vendors (omg the food is delicious! I had these fish tacos and they were just unbelievable!) handmade sellers (I'm always floored by the creative work people do!) and vintage vendors with all these different knickknacks. Speaking of vintage I brought the little book stand above to use to hold my prints for display. I love the way it looks and also how it's detachable. Score! =D Oh and being displayed are my new bags. They're pale blue paper bags from AC Moore and I stamped my shop name and used my own carved pencil stamp and I think they turned out great! The pale blue matches my business card which is pale blue. All in all it was a awesome day with awesome people!

Chinese New Year is winding down and to commemorate that I have sent to have a giveaway of 30 red envelopes of different designs and sizes. They're from collection of red envelopes my family has kept over the many years so many of the designs aren't printed anymore. Each year they tend to have similar but different designs. I included tradition ones ranging with images of oranges, golden carp, people, dragons, flowers to even some Hello Kitty ones. =D So look for it tomorrow!

Until then how was your awesome (or unawesome) weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day at the flea!

It was great meeting you too! I rocked the cat button today and totally love it. I love it so much I may not give the other one away to my friend.

Looking forward to seeing you again at the flea soon! Maybe we will have matching nail colors the next go around too.

Kathy said...

I think that is so cool that you can do shows in the winter. I never see any around here until spring. It sounds like you had a very successful time. Congrats to you!

Love the bags!

Veronica Darling... said...

Yay for a great day! Well done on your sales, and good on you for getting so prepared etc!

Yay!

cabin + cub said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I love the little black cat pin too... so cute!