LiPeony Shop

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lil Sewing, cosplay, random Fun =D

I just finished this little sketch yesterday and it's up in LiPeony. One thing I loved as a kid was watching my mom use her big old sewing machine. It's still there now. She had bags of little doodads, spools of threads in many colors and several pin cushions with the various needles in it. As a awesome reminder of those days I thought up of this little print. I've also picked up some favorites on Etsy that remind of my childhood memories by the sewing machine.

Like this adorable felted cupcake pin cushion from madeinlowell shop. It's perfect to put by the sewing machine or when you're hand sewing to keep your needles safe and in sight =D.




For people who tend to lose/misplace or just plain forget where things are this awesome roman numeral watch pin cushion would be super to have. I love the way it looks and it's so uber functional. This lil guy is from LittleClouds =D.




If you're like me or my mom we have spools and spools of thread everywhere and what better way to keep them organized then with this simple personalized thread organizer from MoreThanTuesday. You can also put in ribbons or hang bags that hold your scissors and what not too on the bottom.





For the sewer on the go or well you never know when there's a hole in your clothes or need a quick fix I found this super cute sewing kit from Chennapenna. I've never seen a sewing kit so cute before as the ones I have are pretty plain.





And speaking of sewing I've decided to cosplay (dress up) as the anime character above called Panda Z for Otakon in Baltimore. I've been drawing up the plans on making the body since I have the panda head good to go. Suppose it will be black and white felt with some type of stuffing on the stomach to make that rounded shape. I'll keep yas informed on the progress.

Until next time enjoy the weather =D

8 comments:

Little Lovables said...

love your art! such wonderful finds, the thread spool storage idea is awesome

Sarah Knight said...

looks good : )

that pin cushion watch is hilarious!

Pili said...

Those are some great finds! =D

And the panda is a great idea for a costume, though I'm wondering if you won't be too hot inside?

And the print is so super cute!

sMacThoughts said...

Oh for Pete's Sake! I swear, now I think I will have to go over to Magnolia Bakery for some cupcakes later on because that felt thing is so yummy looking! Sheesh.

Wow about the Okaton... can't wait to see your costume!

Kathy said...

That picture is so darn cute. You come up with the most wonderful ideas. Love the little cupcake pin cushion too. So cute!

Littleclouds said...

thanks Lipeony for including my watch!

Morrgan said...

Oooh, I'd love to get a sewing machine and these pics are certainly making the craving worse. Maybe some day!

I have no idea who Panda Z is I must admit, but that sounds like a fun project. :D

cabin + cub said...

Love the watch pin cushion... that is so cute!
I wish I sewed more, just so that I could wear it around! ;)