LiPeony Shop

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cool Popsicle Fun

Ice Cube Popsicle Fun @ LiPeony
It's getting pretty hot and June is already here. Time sure flies by! I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! I went to my cousin's graduation and boy it was cloudy then it rained then 10 minutes of rain it got all hot and sunny. Anyways I remember when we were all young our dear grandma would make some toothpick Popsicle in the ice cube trays. They were perfect to pop into our mouths, cool out drinks and you can freeze any juice or soda. Sprite and Coke ice cube pops were pretty darn good!

Here's a super simple recipe that I'm sure many have used to make tiny ice cube Popsicle!

Popsicle Ice Cube Pops
Ice cube trays (for extra fun you can get inexpensive different shaped ice cube trays like hearts/stars etc.)
Juice (any juice/soda)
toothpicks (optional)
small fruit pieces (berries, cubes or balls of melon, apples, oranges etc)

Pour juice into the ice cube trays to about a centimeter or so below the rim. This allows space for the ice to expand without overflowing. Put it in the freezer for about an hour or so and take it out. The juice should be sort of ice/slush now you can put the toothpicks in the center and place it back in the freezer for a few more hours and ta-da ice pops!

For something a bit fancier you can pour the juice halfway into the cube and freeze for an hour then put small fruit pieces like berries and what not and pour more juice over it but leaving space for the ice to expand without overflowing. You can put in funky/decorated toothpicks to add some pizazz to them. These are great for parties and a fun way to decorate your drinks while staying cool.

I'll be hoping for nice weather on June 12th when I'll be vending at the Hester Street Fair.

Until next time... how are you staying cool?


5 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

You are bringing me back to my childhood! And congrats on the Hester Street Fair... I was there a few weeks ago...no, not selling... shopping! :)

Pili said...

Lovely idea that of ice cubes! Sure to help keeping fresh!

Hope you have a great time at the fair, with loads of sales and no melting in the sun!

Kathy said...

Our kids use to love popsicles of any kind! Store bought or home made.
Love the drawing. So cute!

cabin + cub said...

Yum... now I am craving a popsicle! Can't wait until it gets a bit hotter here! ;)

Morrgan said...

I'll have to try making tiny popsicles this summer. They sound fun!

As for how I'm staying cool, my current fave is homemade ice tea from a mix of basic black tea and apple-cinnamon tea, with a bit of lemon and sugar. Yum!