LiPeony Shop

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just One of those Days...

Have you ever had one of those days where you want one of those door hangers I made above stapled on your forehead or orbiting you? Ah it's cold and dreary grey day in the city. It's warmer then yesterday but then again yesterday was 19 degrees when I woke up. Just all around crappy which is bad since finals are coming around very soon and I must be hyped up and ready to cram all that info in my little head! Also need to straighten out some other business that I'm not looking forward to doing. Blah.. Blllaaaaaah....!

On a brighter note I just had my first international order! From Spain! Oh my goodness... I've never thought someone so far would love my items enough to buy it. I'm actually really excited even though I never been to Europe having send my little guys over is like a piece of myself traveling there. One of these days I will visit Europe... I found the lovely picture below of Spain I picked up from National Geographic. They have wonderful pictures and really good information for both travelers and people interested of many countries!The first picture is "Madrid’s Kio Towers, also known as "Europe’s Gate" are inclined skyscrapers at the edge of Plaza Castilla." It looks absolutely wonderful such a blending of modern art and ancient art. One of the things I truly love is how people are able to blend both modern and ancient art to make these wonderful mixed art.This one overlooks the city of Barcelona. It looks beautiful and you can even see the hills in the background.

This picture is of a bullfight in Pamplona, Spain. I remember my junior high school Spanish teacher was from Spain and she loved everything about Spain especially bullfighting. I admit it's pretty darn brave to go out there dance with an angry bull.

Looking at all these pictures there are places and things I want to do. For now I can just look and dream. Dream about the Great Wall of China, pyramids of Egypt, Mayan and Aztec Temples, Shinto Temples of Japan, all the wonderful Greek temples actually anything ancient. When I was young I seriously considered being a Archaeologist and a Paleontologist.

Until next time... never stop dreaming of all the places you want to go and all the things you want to do...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congratulations on the order! I've only had one international order, but it was just Canada. I bought a ring recently from a seller in Spain. It was a Christmas gift for my mother, and I just think it is really cool that someone in Spain made a custom ring for my mom!

gamakun said...

I can see this becoming a international business. XD

LeelaBijou said...

Congratulations!! ^_^ So one of your lovely ones is coming to my country, that´s great!

One of the most beautiful things in Spain is the Canary Islands (hehe, I´m from there ;) ) and The Kio Towers are quite impressive.