LiPeony Shop

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My First Craft Show!


Yep... you heard it... I was invited to a small juried craft show in SoHo. Click on the poster for more info! Yep my first craft show will be at the Hello Zen! Holiday Market 2008 in New York City. It's on December 13th at 10:30am - 6pm. It's located at 588 Broadway between Houston and Prince on the 11th floor.

I am completely floored and excited and overwhelmed! I'm going to be sharing half a table 3ft x 3ft. Yeah it's small but I can't fathom anything bigger. I've been reading as much information about preparing for one on the forums and blogs and on the net. I'm kind of worried... about my items.. and my self and the whole thing. I'm naturally very shy and when it comes to criticism about my own work I take it to heart. I have so much to do like business cards, how many items I should bring which is I don't have too much (my cousin took 1/4 of my inventory to show his fraternity and propose that they can sell them on Valentine's Day with their usual roses), display, prices, money, etc... I'm printing up some cards but I personally don't know how many, right now I'm just doing 200... I'm also afraid if I can get along with my tablemate... ah.. so many things to think about...

About my etsy shop I was wondering if I should just put it in vacation mode because most everything I make is one of a kind. sighsigh... so many things to do and no time!

I'm set on doing it though.. it's a great opportunity and I just can't ignore this slice of pie that life has smacked me in the face with. So I'm going to do my best, smile and be thankful that I have this great chance and experience!

Until next time... wish me luck!

6 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

You make sure you don't pass up this opportunity..I think this is wonderful..These types of chances don't come all the time..Good for you. I wish you the best and I know you will do well..

Angela said...

Wow! I am so excited for you! I know you will do a great job! The poster for the show looks really great too!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh, wow, good luck!!! You will have to think of a display to maximize your 3x3 space. I love to brainstorm that kind of stuff!

Lindsey said...

I've never done a craft show but I've heard others recommend keeping some of your items stored under the table - they're there if you need them, but they're not taking up any of your space on top.

Good luck!

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

Oh that is so amazing!!! Congrats and good luck. :) Cant wait to hear how it goes!!!

Morrgan said...

I guess it's already done by now, I hope it went well! Congrats on the opportunity! Looking forward to hearing how it was. :)