LiPeony Shop

Monday, December 29, 2008

Moo... Moo Oreo Cows?

My newest little creation the Oreo Cow! What's an Oreo cow? They're cows that are black and white that resemble an Oreo with black on both ends and white in the middle just like the cookie. I first saw those in New Jersey where my family visited a farm owned by a friend. It was pretty darn cool.

It's been a while since I updated with the holidays and what not but I was spending most of my time filling a huge order for my cousin's Asian college club. Chinese New Year is around January 26 if I'm not mistaken and they wanted 100 ox and cow inspired magnets as party favors. First I created multiple designs and his peers would weigh in on which two were the best and took in their suggestions. In the end I had my two designs and now I had to make 50 of each. I went to many stores but none had the cow print I really wanted so instead I made the cow print myself. I took Chinese Calligraphy Black Ink and basically just stamped random designs and it came out pretty well.
After about a day of basically working non stop, once I get an order I want to finish it ASAP. I set the magnets fifty to a board and spray them with thin coats of acrylic spray to make them water resistant and wear and tear resistant. I let them dry and when I look at the huge board of cows and oxes I wondered how I even managed to do so many in such a short time.
I packed all 100 to go in this nice black box and yeps ready to roll. I hope they are a great hit up in his University. I did wince a bit when one of his friends said "I could do that" but then again... would they really spend the time to do so? I find myself saying that every so often and I stop myself because whoever did the work actually did it while the only thing I did was spout about how I coulda, woulda, shoulda but did not. So writing this post I'm pretty bushed... phew...

Until next time... Happy Holidays! And don't say you coulda, woulda, shoulda... if you won't...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! that's quite an accomplishment!

gamakun said...

Happy New Year! Come back to WoW XD.

Impossible Alice said...

Happy New Year!!
I'm laughing at the idea of oreo cows...
All your magnets look really cool all stuck up together!
I hope you had a great break/Christmas etc!

Shakti said...

What a project! So cute. Oreo cows...hahahaha!