LiPeony Shop

Friday, June 5, 2009

Super Trades and Awesome Buys!

So... I did some trades on etsy and one of them was with this little shop called Kwan! We meet in one of the virtual labs and hit it off and cross promote each other. I also completely fell in love with the above earrings because I think they're perfect... feminine, girly, fun and a bit of dangle but not too much! We decided to trade and I created a custom artwork for her adorable adorable oh so darn cute little boy (really really uber want to pinch his lil cheeks cute). I can't wait to get the earrings and show them around. It's kind of strange to me (as I am not a fashionable person) but at the college I work when people see something they like that I wear they won't hesitate to say that's wonderful and where I got it from.
Oh I have meaning to but haven't gotten around to review one of my recent buys of soap at LostRiverRags. I've seen her quite a bit on forums... well I usually buy from stores I find on the forums especially if they post a lot because I get a feeling of how they are from what they write there therefore I feel more comfortable. I brought 15 samples of the goat's milk soap because I'm one of those indecisive people!

Anyways for some reason I had a terrible horrible itchy allergic reaction to all the soaps I have brought from the store from Dove, Irish Spring, Ivory... you name it. Turns out I have sensitive skin allergies (my doctor says it's completely common) so... I decided to try handmade soap... just plain readable ingredients. I must say I was very impressed. My significant other who is never gung ho about handmade items loved how the soaps smell... well he had his favorite. My sister and I had ours (Juniper). I've never tried it before especially not goat's milk... in fact everyone was skeptical.. "goat's milk?" was what they said.

Surprising it lathered up very smoothly it had this very silky texture that I have never felt on soap and when i washed with it (good for one/two good showers) my skin felt a bit tight but once dried it was silky smooth and I smelled lightly of the soap. And no itch or redness now that's awesome. For me this soap was surprisingly good and I'm planning to get more when I have the funds to spare since I'm paying for a lot this summer and not working either =_=!

I did leave like a huge descriptive feedback because I think it's only fair... I like giving out detailed thoughts and experiences because I'm very sure the owners and shoppers would like a review. I also like reading reviews from people's blogs because I know they're not being paid to review things and there is a reason why they brought what they brought. That's just my honest review... no itchy red skin = good to me. Though make sure you're not allergic to any of the ingredients to anything before you buy it. There's a very simple test that can determine or at least try to determine what you are allergic to so you can avoid it.

Until next time... tally ho!

9 comments:

Angela said...

I love the earrings, I am going to go check that shop out!

Chrisy said...

Yes I must try some of those soaps...ta...

Rosebud Collection said...

What a nice review you gave. The earrings are so cute.
You changed your little picture..very nice..

TDC said...

Looks like you scored some pretty fly items! The earrings look very summery and the soaps are delicious! Etsy is the BOMB for all things handmade. By the way, you have a great blog!

Kathy said...

The earrings are so cute. I use homemade soaps all the time. My friend sells them (not on etsy though) They are made with oatmeal and smell so good. Glad you found some you liked.

LostRiverRags said...

Thank you so much for writing such a great review on our Goat's Milk Soap samples. I love your honesty!

You're a great customer and we are so touched that you took the time to write about us.

Thanks so much!
LRRCL

UniqueNurseGranny said...

So glad the soap worked.Love the pink earrings.BTW
If you would like to accept it. I am passing the "One Lovely Blog Award" along to you.You may pass it along to 15 others of your favorites.Suzanne,Nursesnaturally@Etsy

/

Jess // CLineCreations said...

I just tried out handmade soaps for the first time recently as well (well about a month ago).. I absolutely love it. Glad your skin likes it too!

Lindsey said...

That's what I love about the soaps on Etsy, its not hard to find soaps that are made with natural ingredients. I used commercial soaps for years and never had a problem with them, but then I tried handmade soaps - they feel so much better! And I can actually pronounce the ingredients ;)