LiPeony Shop

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Busy Busy Week!


It's been one busy busy week! I've decided on July 25th to sell at the Brooklyn Indie Market! SO if you're in the beautiful neighborhood of Brooklyn... stop on by! My sister will be helping me too so I won't be oh so lonely and shy. I've decided to start earlier and make some new items. Above is a sampling of what I've been working at. Tiny mini felt animals ... I decided to do so because I had extra felt and polyfill from another personal project. I wanted to make something to pin to my new bag. My first one a cat pictured above came out really cool and I decided to make more. My sister saw the bat one and immediately snatched that one. =_=

I've decided to make them into pins instead of key chains and phone charms because personally I like pins on a bag... I hate having too much craziness on my cell phone. One great thing is that the pin I'm using has a loop that can easily be threaded on a necklace or whatever or even chained to a cell phone strap. So there! Currently tonight I'm finishing a red panda, blue bunny, pirate cat and a fox while listening into shop critiques in the Virtual Labs. AND... I'm excited to say my costume is 95% complete! Here it is hanging on my closet door. The apron is 2 dollars that I added ruffles and shortened. The edges of the ruffles I painted on sparkle modge podge. The reason is that the ends frayed and this glue stops it and also adds a bit of sparkle to it. The blue dress underneath was made from 2 yards of blue cloth that cost me $12 and about 5 hours to make. The red necktie is from a previous costume and the red and yellow buttons are two separate flat buttons I hot glued together. I got the ruffle headpiece and shoes all I need is some lace for the socks and get my bangs cut. I'm bringing it over to my bf's place to iron it. SO SO EXCITED! If you're in Baltimore or going to Otakon... drop by and say hi!

Until next time.. no rest for the weary!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute new stuff and what a great outfit. You did an awesome job!!

Veronica Darling... said...

I wish I were in Brooklyn!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Wish I were in Brooklyn too! Those felt animals are too cute!

Barbie-saurus said...

Hi Li, this is Barbiesaurs. Thank you so much again for the cute bookmark! The felt animals are so cute! If I was your sister I would've taken them all =X And good job on your costume for Otakon. It looks really well put together. I was at an event with cos-players a month or two ago and as I was coming out of the train station I saw a wannabe Naruto ninja with the ninja head band and a sweat shirt and sweat pants on... -___-;Anyway keep up the good work :D

Dionne said...

How exciting! Those little animals are the cutest! Good luck at the market!

gamakun said...

Have fun!

Morrgan said...

Oooo, exciting times! I think pins are a great idea, they're more versatile than key chains. Good luck with all your projects!

sMacThoughts said...

What great new things! I think they will all sell out. Maybe I will take a trip over to Brooklyn in July!

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

Cute cute cute!!!! :)

Commercial Designers Round Rock said...

Great reading your blogg