LiPeony Shop

Monday, May 25, 2009

Chibi Girl in 3D! Goodness

Ooookay... so I tried to make a little Chibi Girl plush doll and that's how she came out. Eep! It took me about 1.5 hours to make it as I sew the whole thing by hand. As you can see I definitely need some practice in that department. I think she turned out quite cute and well she reminds me a bit of myself. TeeHee... my family got a hoot out of it and thought it was the cutest thing in the world. I'm putting this little gal next to my desk! As for selling this in my shop.. I don't think any time soon as my sewing sills ain't so good and I get so tired of sewing all the little things... after sewing one arm I realized I have to sew 3 other more limbs. DoH!

Oh the other hand... today I got much done! I made new origami for my store Meekiyua. I'm starting a series dedicated to traditional wear of Asian culture. I really love the more elaborate clothes of those associated with weddings, special events, plays etc while also including a slice of information that makes it unique. I also made a new art work that would be placed on the extra chiyogami paper I have something like a shadow against patterns. I've already spent the better half of 4 hours cutting and painting.

Another note... my pocket mirrors arrived at my bf's house but don't have time to pick them up till this weekend! Arg!!! I'm going to put those in my shop next week. =D

Until next time... busy busy busy bees!

No comments: