LiPeony Shop

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I love Fluff

I notice when I was working with photoshop and my printer I notice that my "fluffy" light backgrounds to my art tend to form this very unusual glow around them like ripples on a pond. I really liked how it looked. I started experimenting with how to produce varying degrees of "fluffiness" by playing with different size brushes and greys and whites. This little critter above was what developed. I loved how it turned out. It reminds me of like a fluffy snowball mouse. I love snow and I'm born in the year of the mouse. I also love the simple eyes and nose because I wanted it to really come out from the light fluffy body and background. I've been so busy with finals and projects that it boggles the mind.

A weird note that my coworkers who range from 20 - late thirties has never heard or seen of Micheal Jackson's Thriller song/video/dance. Which I find strange since it's pretty iconic and when times at the office are slow and it's just an air of "blah" sometimes I bust out doing the thriller dance between the desks. It always make people snicker. But hey sometimes we're too absorbed into doing something that I feel it's good to get up do something silly...

That reminds me of something from college. It was finals and my roommate called me.
Roomie: "I just failed my final"
Me: Oh... *awkward silence* well I have some good news.
Roomie: what?
Me: I saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico.
Roomie: *silence* wtf. I'm going to kill you when I get back.
I thought it was funny as heck but it was the only thing that popped into my head. I swear I talk first and think later. Of course I apologized. This has caused a lot of laughter and confusion when I talk to people.

Until next time... Why so serious?

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Coworkers? As in, more than one person that has not seen the Thriller video? Geez, where do you work!? Under a rock? I think you should hold an office meeting, and play the video for everyone.

LeelaBijou said...

LOL, I agree with Lindsey :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

That is HILARIOUS! How did you come up with that one so quick? I would have laughed even if I failed my final, you silly :)