LiPeony Shop

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Reader

So I spent the last 2.5 hours reading The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. I'm usually very hesitant on reading a book after it was made into a movie like The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button even though I love F. Scott Fitzgerald and The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books. I simply could not put it down and it was a very engrossing book. I found it very honest and to me it really didn't try to do anything or really be anything then just the story of the main character and his life. The ups and downs and all those questions swirling inside one's mind. I really like it. If you ever have time I suggest you to read it. I don't want to give away anything because I think only the reader can decide what they think of it. I just think it was good.

Until next time... live as if you will die tomorrow and learn as if you will live forever...

2 comments:

Veronica Darling... said...

I just posted about a book too! Qwinky Dink!

Thanks for your notes on The Reader, I hadn't remembered it was a book first!

Rachel Kovaciny said...

Thanks for the recommendation -- I'm always on the lookout for a good book by an author I haven't read yet. I'll keep an eye out for this at the library.