LiPeony Shop

Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting Ready for Otakon!

So Otakon one of the biggest if not the biggest Japanese Animation Convention on the East Coast is two months away and I've been slowly making new anime inspired art such as the one above. Inspired by one of my favorite heart felt anime/manga Fruit Baskets. I watch quite a few but there are very few I love enough to draw as I like to draw my original characters. The ones I do draw tend to be either very simple like the one above or extremely complicated. I'm planning to only have 10% fan art and the rest is my original Chibi Girl. It's not anime/manga as more kawaii. I really do hope people would love my little Chibi Girl. I haven't decided on what size prints and how many of each. I might add in cards too and some of my little origami dolls for good measure. I'm not bringing to much as I also want to enjoy the shows, panels and host of wonderful things to do there. I'm very excited though! If you happen to be in Baltimore during Otakon drop by the Artist Alley. =D

Until next time... finals stink... =(

6 comments:

gamakun said...

Bring me with you and viet!lol

Amanda said...

Good luck with exams!!

And you should definitely bring a variety of different items (cards, prints, etc) - you never know what will catch someone's eye!

Kathy said...

Cards and prints would be awesome...everyone likes different things. The artwork is awesome!

Rosebud Collection said...

Your artwork is adorable..I think cards would be so cute.

Pili said...

I think cards is a great idea!
I hope you'll have a great time!

sMacThoughts said...

Best of luck on the finals, and enjoy your Convention!